Web Clipper: no reaction on FamilySearch record page

When clicking the web clipper icon in my chrome toolbar nothing happens on this record’s page: https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:NVBJ-K2P. There doesn’t even appear a window. That’s why I’m thinking that this is not related to the situation described in WebClipper for Chrome.

I the chrome devTools console I see this:

Uncaught ReferenceError: person is not defined
at :11:13
at :14:3
(anonymous) @ VM4056:11
(anonymous) @ VM4056:14

VM4056 lines 10-13:

RCLiftData({
person: person,
record: record
});

I use FamilySearch in german, but I tried switching to english, too, without any success.

I noticed that FamilySearch changed its layout, maybe that’s the reason? I think I didn’t use web clipper (on FamilySearch) before, that means it might be a general/old problem and no new one. I can’t find a way to change the login credentials the extension is using, but I changed my registration email address after installing the extension. Maybe this is the problem?

I’m using the latest version 0.2.0.

Thank-you for reporting this! It’s definitely a new bug, probably the result of FamilySearch changing their HTML format. I’ll look into it and let you know when it’s been fixed.

1 Like

FamilySearch really changed how they create those pages. It took me longer than expected, but I believe the clipper is working again now. Unfortunately, the clipper is no longer extracting the “fact” table from FamilySearch pages. I’m unable to extract that table, but if people feel that the fact table is important, I believe I could reconstruct most of it.

This is the table I’m talking about:

1 Like