Web Clipper extension has stopped working

I noticed last night that the Web Clipper had stopped working for me. It was late so I didn’t post about it then. It happened again tonight—I get to a page where it normally had worked well, like this 1850 census page from FamilySearch, I click on the extension’s toolbar button, and nothing happens. The pop-up window isn’t hiding behind other windows I have open, I checked. I tried re-installing the extension, and I tried disabling Adblock Plus, no difference.

MacOS High Sierra v. 10.13.4
Chrome Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Rootsfinder Web Clipper v. 0.2.0

Let me know what other info you need.

We noticed this too today. It looks like FamilySearch has changed their HTML format, which means we need to update the clipper. Hopefully it’s an easy fix that I can put in place tomorrow.

In the meantime, if you view the record in the context of the collection; for example, navigate here:
and click on Samuel’s name, the clipper still works. But I’ll try to get the clipper working again on the full-page records tomorrow.

1 Like

Hello, the FamilySearch/WebClipper issue has been resolved. The WebClipper works with FamilySearch. Thanks for your comments and patience.

1 Like