Nowhere to 'paste' gedmatch DNA matches

Instructions from a DNA kit profile page read as inserted below.

There is no ‘box’ to paste the results into. And simply hitting command V or edit-paste yields no result.

On OS x using Safari.

NOTE: Tried in firefox. Didn’t work initially. But once I also copied from gedmatch in firefox, and pasted in firefox, it worked. (Otherwise, it said it didn’t recognize the HTML).

So sounds like this function currently isn’t supported on Safari.

Here’s what I did to get this to work on Safari. First, make sure GedMatch and RootsFinder are both in different tabs of the same Safari browser window. I don’t know if this is necessary, but it’s what I did. Next, when you’re on the One-to-Many matches view in GedMatch, use “command-A” and “command-C” (not control) to select and copy. Finally, return to the RootsFinder tab, click on the instruction box, and press “command-V” to paste. This just worked for me. Would you let me know if this doesn’t work for you?

doesnt seem to work in FireFox; fine in Chrome.

Hmm. I just imported One-to-Many matches in Firefox (Quantum: 58.0.2) running on OS Sierra 10.12.6. It seemed to work ok. I wonder what’s going on.

I’m glad you got it to work in Chrome! Anyone else having difficulty with Firefox?

Got it to work with FireFox.

I got it to work on safari. But sometimes I needed to cut it twice.

Thanks for letting me know! We’ll add that to the help pages.