Need a "back button"

Trying to explore the new “leads” function, I clicked “Leads” while on a particular Person page. When I finished with that, there was no way to return to the Person page I had been on. I had to click on “People,” then search again for that person. There needs to be a “Return to previous page” button on each page (of all types, probably) so you can move easily back and forth as you work on a series of pages (like within a family) – and without having to rely on the browser’s “Back” button, because that no memory for anything you’ve edited in the meantime.

Mike

Sorry, I don’t understand. Why couldn’t you use the browser back button to go back to the person you were editing? If I were to add a “back” link, it would behave just like the browser back button.

Using the browser’s back-button takes you back to the previous page as it was BEFORE you made your edits. You have to reload the page to see the effects of the edits you’ve just made – if, for instance, you’ve just added a new marriage that linked the two pages in question. You need to be able to return to the previous person with edits included.

Hmm, when I hit the back button, it includes the newly-added events. For example, when I start at “Papa Nunn”, navigate to “Mama Nunn”, add a marriage between Mama and Papa on Mama’s page, then hit the back button to view Papa again, I see the marriage.

Here’s an animated gif showing the process I used:

If you’re not seeing the marriage when you click on the back button to return to Papa’s page, that’s a bug. Can you please help me track it down? Can you tell me what browser you’re using? Do you get any sort of error notification? Can you think of something that’s different between what you’re doing and what’s going on in the animated gif above?

Well. Um. Okay, something has apparently changed recently because this is now working the way it’s supposed to. Or maybe my latest FireFox update took care of it. Or something. Sorry about that, Dallan.

I’m glad to hear it’s working now! I’ve fixed a number of bugs over the past few months; that’s probably one of them :slight_smile: Thank you for following up!