How to: Add New Trees in RootsCity - now Merging Trees

• In the upper right corner of the top menu, click your username
  • Click “Trees” and the tree navigation card will appear

From the tree navigation card

• Click “New Tree” and the “Create a new tree” card will appear
  • Give your new tree a name, set permissions, and upload a GEDCOM if you want to
  • Click “Create”

Is there a way to connect two trees, thereby combining them to one? I uploaded a gedcom with me as the home person. By doing that, I left out my in-laws. Should I just start over? Is there a tree size limit?

Hello,

Thank you for your comment. Merging trees is on our roadmap. We schedule development based on user interest. I’ll put in your vote for merging trees.

+1 from me on combining of two trees

You could start over. We have a limit of 75,000 people per tree.

The challenge with combining trees is identifying potential duplicates and making it easy to merge them. If we weren’t worried about that, combining trees would be much simpler.

Ok. I was thinking more of creating another gedcom file with my husband’s side with me being the only person in both trees-- me being the connection between the trees. I will start over.

Get organized with Yahoo Mail

DallanQ
March 7 |

You could start over. We have a limit of 75,000 people per tree.

The challenge with combining trees is identifying potential duplicates and making it easy to merge them. If we weren’t worried about that, combining trees would be much simpler.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

nredheffer
February 25 |

Is there a way to connect two trees, thereby combining them to one? I uploaded a gedcom with me as the home person. By doing that, I left out my in-laws. Should I just start over? Is there a tree size limit?
Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.