Hints not arriving

Thanks for fixing the gedcom import and my tree and all sources are now safely online. However I’m not receiving any hints for a new tree uploaded 12 hours ago. I’ve selected Everyone in tree, FamilySearch and FindMyPast but no hints have appeared at all. Logged into FamilySearch and saved the settings. Tree name is Anne Neish Buchan 16 April 2021.

I am experiencing the same issue for trees that have been uploaded since the gedcom import fix.

1 Like

Dallan suggested I email FindMyPast (FMP) support so I did that on 24 April and although I got an automated acknowledgement response from FMP still not get any further with them responding. So it looks like we either don’t have a support system for Rootsfinder now or FMP are not giving Rootsfinder issues any support. I have spoken to Myko Clelland at FMP on a few occasions about FMP records so I may try and get him to escalate the issue. Having just renewed my Rootsfinder subscription in April I am concerned that any future problems will not be fixed.

I’ve just sent this to Myko Clelland at FMP. -

“Hi Myko I emailed FindMyPast support with a problem on 24 April about a Rootsfinder problem - the Hint generation process for Rootsfinder trees has stopped working. I’ve not heard anything about when the problem will be fixed. Dallan Quass states that responsibility for Rootsfinder problems belongs to FindMyPast. In March 2020 I noted that FindMyPast was working with Genefun to transfer Rootsfinder support to them. Any thoughts on how I can escalate a support request and who now owns Rootsfinder support would be useful. Thanks Allan”

Myko says he will chase FMP support for me and let me know what is happening.