Change an existing source

Hi

I uploaded a GEDCOM that had a source with an out-dated URL. When I try to change the URL in RootsFinder, the only thing I seem to be able to do is to customize the source, which shows a new version of the source with the corrected URL, but the old URL is still there is the background, and my source shows up as URL not found.

Is there any way to change the source itself without deleting it and recreating it? And it doesn’t look like there is any way to manage the source centrally so that I only need to change the URL once, right?

What you want to do is click on the Vital records: Manitoba provincial vital statistics records link. That takes you to the “master source, where you can update the source’s url. You’ll only need to do this once - it will update on every evidence linked to that source.

You can see a list of all sources by clicking on Content lists in the left-hand menu, then on sources.
If you want to create new master sources, this is where you would do it - click on the plus sign in the upper right corner. Please let me know if you have any questions. Questions are very helpful so I know what needs to be better.