White panel on right of all pages

Hi, I’ve just started using Rootsfinder & imported a gedcom. I’m just wondering - there is a vertical empty white column on the right hand side of every page of the program. Is this meant to be there? Any hints would be greatk appreciared. Thanks.

I’m j ust another user, not part of the RF support/design team, but I thought I’d try to help with a few basic questions. Are you on Windows or Mac, and what browser are you using to view your uploaded GEDCOM on rootsfinder? I’m having trouble envisioning what you’re describing, so if you could upload a screenshot of what the pages look like with the white panel on the right, that might help. If you are on a Mac, Command + Shift + 3 takes a screenshot. On Windows, I think you just press PrtScn? Or do one of the ways this page says.

To reply on this thread and include the screenshot(s), it’s the arrow pointing upward button in the center of the text editor.

1 Like

The “vertical empty white column” is for advertising. Turn off your ad-blocker and that panel will have content.

1 Like

Also, RootsFinder only shows ads for genealogy products.

Thanks for your reply. I’ve turned off the adblocker & all’s well. I’m so used to leaving the adblocker on that I’d foregotten all abpout it. Thanks again & best wishes,
Crobris

Thanks for your help - it turns out it was rge adblocker, which I’d forgotten about. Thanks very much for responding - Rootsfinder looks like a really good program. Thanks again.
Best wishes
Crobris

1 Like