Possible to delete event from single timeline?

I’m not sure whether this is feedback or just something I don’t yet know how to do. If I try to delete an event from an individual timeline (for example, an individual tagged in error, or something that imported from web clipper in a way I didn’t expect), it deletes the supporting evidence from all individuals who were tagged with that same event. Is there a way to correct an event/evidence tag for a single individual without affecting the others?

There are two things you can do. Both require editing (not deleting) the evidence:

1. If you want to remove an evidence completely from the individual (remove all facts in the evidence from an individual), then go to the People tab, remove the individual from the list of people associated with the evidence, and save the evidence.

2. If you just want to correct a particular fact, then if it’s the primary fact for the evidence, you can correct that on the Details tab. Or if it’s a fact associated with just one person, you can correct that on the People tab.

Please let me know if you have any questions. The notion that evidences contain facts, in contrast to facts citing sources, is somewhat unique to RootsFinder and takes some getting used to.

Got it! I think where I went wrong was trying to edit from the individual’s timeline rather than the evidence view. I love the principle of associating facts with sources, rather than the other way around, but I have been finding it very confusing in practice. I’ll get there. Thanks.