Invitation fail

I invited my brother to log into Rootsfinder and see my tree. He replied to the invitation email as follows:

I logged in, but it’s not obvious how to see your work. Here’s what I’m looking at:

I would have thought he’d see the folder icon for my tree on the upper left. So what do I tell him to do?

He should see the folder icon for your tree. It looks like your brother created an account, but didn’t click on the link in the email to accept your invitation. (His invitation is still unaccepted in the database.) Could you ask him to click on the link in the email? That should do it. Please let me know if there are still problems.

I’ve had 2 people that had a very difficult time accepting invitations. They clicked the invite link too. Had to remove & resend a few times. They saw the same thing in the above post. “New tree” not my tree.

I want my mom to be able to see my work, so I sent her an invitation, commandeered her iPad, clicked the link in her email, set her up a login, and still all I could see is the same as the screenshot above. The folder icon isn’t there for my tree. Not sure what to do.

Thank you for pointing this out. I’ll forward it to the programmers.

I’m trying to figure out what happened. I can see the account created by your brother, but the invitation is still pending (not accepted). It looks like there are 5 pending invitations to your tree. I just invited myself (under another email) to a tree and it worked ok, and I’m not seeing any invitation errors in the logs, so it’s not an obvious problem.

After you registered your mother, did it take her to the create-tree page or just drop her right into the same empty tree-list page that your brother saw? Could you re-send the invitation and see if that works now that your brother/mother are registered? Or could you ask your brother/mother to forward the invitation email to me, in case they still have it? There’s got to be a problem somewhere; I’m trying to figure out where.